FAQ’s About Selling Mineral Rights & Royalties

What are mineral rights?

Ownership of mineral rights (more accurately “mineral interests”) is an interest in real property. It is the right of the owner to exploit, mine, and/or produce any or all of the minerals lying below the surface of the property.  These are often leased from the mineral owner by an oil or gas company to potentially drill for oil or gas.  If oil or gas is found, the payment the mineral owner receives is a “royalty.”

The payment made to a mineral owner for their interest in oil, gas or other items of value mined from their mineral estate.

Overland Minerals and Royalties, LLC has a stellar reputation with land owners all over the country. Please visit our Testimonials page or call us to find out more. We have conducted hundreds of transactions via email, fax and mail without ever meeting face to face.

Nothing, Overland Minerals & Royalties will cover all administrative costs associated with the sale.

We are long-term investors who will be assuming the many risks outlined in the Financial Reasons section of the Why Sell tab, to realize a positive return down the road. What’s important in the short-term is that you feel comfortable you’re getting a fair deal from a trusted buyer.

Yes, you will have to pay federal and, in some cases, state taxes. However, these are generally capital gains taxes so they are taxed at a lower rate. Please consult your tax accountant for more detailed information.

Give us a call, we’ll help you figure it out. Of course there is no obligation to sell us your mineral rights so feel free to utilize our expertise to assist with your situation.